Sunday, October 02, 2011

Day 3: Flavor your frosting

So now that you've got the best buttercream icing down pat...you can flavor it and add a whole other level of deliciousness to it!

I was thrilled when I found this tip because it really changed up my usual vanilla cake/buttercream icing.  All you have to do is make a batch of the buttercream icing.  Next is to mix it with a can of filling.  This is what I use:

I can easily find it at my local grocery store (Kroger, for those of you in the south!)  It comes in all different flavors such as apricot, almond, cherry, strawberry, and prune (that is one I WON'T be trying!)

Once you've got your buttercream mixed up, just add the pastry filling.


I don't use the entire can.  I find it makes it too runny.  Start out by adding a few spoonfuls at a time, then mix.  Taste it and add more if you'd like. 

This is absolutely delicious and will impress people so much!

3 comments:

ohAmanda said...

YUM. I want some!

Becky said...

Oh. My. Lordy.

I'm 31-Dayin'-It-Up, too, and I am sooooo glad I found this. :)

I *love* frosting.

xo Becky

Lori-Anne said...

Love this tip! Makes me want to make a cake right now and try it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails