Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 12: Cake designs with cookie cutters

If you're like me, then you can't draw.  Really...I can barely draw a stick figure.  So when I saw the cookie cutters sitting in my pantry and then saw all the sprinkles nearby, I put the two together and came up with this simple idea to use on top of a cake.

Place the cookie cutter on top of the cake.


Choose what color sprinkles you want and very carefully pour into the cookie cutter.

Be careful not to overfill.  I try to fill in the middle and then use a small spoon (yes, it's a baby spoon) to pus it to the edges.
Then slowly lift off the cookie cutter.  Perfection!
This might take a little practice.  I've found that if you put too much sprinkles in, when you lift off the cookie cutter they spill over the side and can mess up your design.

Have fun experimenting!

1 comment:

scrapbook paper said...

As the contents of this source unveils the most authentic and essential feature information about about cake designs with cookie cutters. Its' exclusively looking one of amazing featured source for me. I am really impressed to see the making of star of the cake. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails