Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 29: Variation to Hi Hat cupcakes

Hi hat cupcakes are something that I've always wanted to try, but they're a little intimidating to me because of melting the chocolate.  Chocolate can be tricky and it just sort of scares me a bit!

So I decided to try something a little easier...candy coating.  I've written about candy coating before to make chocolate toppers.

First melt the candy coating according to the package.  I also dyed mine with food coloring.  Next take your cupcake that's already been frosted.  You'll want to make sure to use a pastry bag to give it a nice, high peak.

Then turn your cupcake upside down and dip into the candy coating.
Slowly lift it out.  If you lift out too fast, this could happen:
Let set out to harden.
You could also decorate with sprinkles or other pieces of candy before it hardens.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails