Monday, March 15, 2010

Cupcake Tuesday - St. Patty's Day



My team is in charge of snacks for our weekly grade level meeting on Wednesday which just so happens to be St. Patrick's Day! Now, I'm not a huge St. Patty's Day fan, but I am a fan of all things theme related!

So my contribution is going to be Rainbow Cupcakes. Here's how:
1. Follow the directions on a yellow or white cake mix.
2. Divide the mix up into as many colors you're going to have. I had 4.

3. Start with one color and drop in a spoonful into each cupcake liner.
4. When you finished with one color, do the same thing with another color.
5. Keep doing that until you've used up all the colors.

6. Bake according to directions on box. When done, let cool.

7. Ice with white icing to look like a cloud (mine's not really white...boo!)
8. Add a chocolate coin to mimic the pot of gold. It took me forever to find chocolate coins. I finally found them at Party City.

9. But the cool part is when you cut it open. So fun!


Go to Hoosier Homemade for more cupcakes!

8 comments:

Megan said...

HOw FABULOUS! And delicious....

This would be great to take to my daughter's school..... too bad everything must be store bought.

What is this world coming to?

Hoosier Homemade said...

Those look awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Cupcake Tuesday!
Did you like the new linky?
~Liz

Becky said...

Oh yay! i am totally going to make those with my class tomorrow! Thanks, Simply Staci!

Cheryl - (mom) said...

HOW NEAT!!!!!! Love the way they look and I am sure they TASTE just as good!!!!

Pamela Scott said...

SO CUTE!!!! I am making something similar tomorrow

Anonymous said...

WOW! They are really cool!

Nashville TV Show said...

Those look great!! If you have any extras, you know where you can bring them:)

Christine Satterfield said...

These look so cute! I will definitely have to steal this idea next year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails