My team is in charge of snacks for our weekly grade level meeting on Wednesday which just so happens to be St. Patrick's Day! Now, I'm not a huge St. Patty's Day fan, but I am a fan of all things theme related!
So my contribution is going to be Rainbow Cupcakes. Here's how:
1. Follow the directions on a yellow or white cake mix.
2. Divide the mix up into as many colors you're going to have. I had 4.
3. Start with one color and drop in a spoonful into each cupcake liner.
4. When you finished with one color, do the same thing with another color.
5. Keep doing that until you've used up all the colors.
6. Bake according to directions on box. When done, let cool.
7. Ice with white icing to look like a cloud (mine's not really white...boo!)
8. Add a chocolate coin to mimic the pot of gold. It took me forever to find chocolate coins. I finally found them at Party City.
9. But the cool part is when you cut it open. So fun!
Go to Hoosier Homemade for more cupcakes!
Monday, March 15, 2010
Posted by Staci at 9:58 PM