Monday, June 20, 2011

Social Media


Thank you to BING Social Search for sponsoring my post about social media. I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.

Raise your hand if you...

...get your news first from your twitter stream.
...are facebook friends with people in high school who you never talked to back then.
...log on "just to check email" and then realize you've been on Pinterest for 2 hours.

If you were able to raise your hand to one of those, then social media has had a huge impact on your life. While social media can, at times, be the biggest time vortex, it also has a way of making the world a smaller place and being just what you need it to be at the right time.

Two years ago, if you were to tell me that some of my closest friends would be online, I would probably laugh it off as being something for introverted people with severe social disorder issues.

But thanks to social media, it has brought me friends who have come to be near and dear to my heart. I realize that still may sound foreign to some people, and I used to be one of those people, but to that I would say "don't knock it till you tried it"!

While social media has, for the most part, been good for my soul, there have been some heartbreaks as a result of it to. I've had my fair share of online dating or reconnecting through Facebook. They usually start out great, but...well, I'm still single, so I guess that speaks for itself :)

So what about you? How has social media affected your life?

1 comment:

Marina at My Busy Children said...

I agree, it is so much fun to find friends you know in real life on Social Media

Related Posts with Thumbnails