Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Movies

I just watched 4 movies in 3 days! Only a teacher in the summer can do that :) Here's a quick run down:

Get Smart

I absolutely LOVED this movie!! I have never seen the original TV show, but that certainly didn't keep me from enjoying it. It was very funny, CLEAN, and surprisingly romantic. I highly recommend it!!

Fool's Gold

I was so excited to see this one. I love romantic comedies and um...hello?!?! Matthew McConaughey!!!!!!! It was more of an adventure than a romantic comedy, but it was still really good. It starts out a little slow, but picks up later on. The redeeming value of this movie is that MM does have his shirt off most of the time :)

Click

This one really surprised me! I hadn't heard great reviews about it and actually, because of this rewards program I belong to at the video store, found out I was entitled to a free non-new release, so I quickly went back to the videos and randomly picked it up. I really liked it! It has a great message about enjoying your life and not wanting to "fast-forward" through it. It obviously has some funny parts (Adam Sandler's in it...need I say more??) but it also has some surprisingly sweet and endearing parts.

The Ron Clark Story

This was, by far, my favorite! I have wanted to see this for a long time. As a teacher, I always find teacher type movies so inspiring. We had the privilege of hearing Ron Clark speak when he came to one of our in-service days. He is truly an out of this world teacher! He has devoted his life to helping kids with "untapped potential". This movie will give you chills. It will reaffirm that teachers really can, and his case, DO make a difference. One interesting thing he told us that didn't make it into the movie was that he made his students learn the names of every cafeteria worker AND greet them as they came through the cafe line! This movie will NOT disappoint!

Next time you're at the local video store, pick one of these up and tell me what you think!

3 comments:

Robyn Beele said...

Ron Clark also came to our school a few years ago. That movie is so good. I cried like a baby. Click and Get Smart are really good also. I haven't seen Fool's Gold, but it looks good.

Jenn said...

I haven't seen three of them, but I did see Get Smart. Having loved the original series with Don Adams & Barbara Feldon, I was not disappointed. And The Rock cracked me up!

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen any of those yet! I would like to see Fools Gold though b/c of MM. I like the part about Ron Clark making his students know the cafeteria ladies' names ... I think that's awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails