Friday, March 25, 2011

Saturday Stumbles


It's been a beautiful week here in the south, but looks like our weekend is going to be wet.  I brought papers home to grade.  Did you ever play school growing up?  If you didn't, then just let me fill you in that grading papers was the best part of it!  Using that red pen and putting little stickers on the papers was every little girl's dream come true.

But let me tell you, now that I *get* to do it all the time... I HATE IT!!!  If I could pay someone to grade all my papers, I would be in heaven!  There's one week until spring break and the students AND I are so ready for it! 

But in the mean time, here's what I stumbled this week:

Discipleship Starts At Home - A great post by my pastor's wife about how she trains her tween daughter to spend quiet time with the Lord.  She celebrates her daughter's baptism as a "spiritual birthday".  If you've got tweens, you've got to check it out!

Mary Poppins Themed birthday party - A friend of mine contacted me about helping her with her daughter's birthday party.  She wanted to do Mary Poppins and shared this site with me.  Such cute ideas and I think it's a perfect idea for a child's birthday party!

Art Inspired party - Another birthday party idea for the budding artist.  I just love all the details and how the theme is incorporated down to the food labels.  

Crafting with 2x4's - I love this craft and think it'd be perfect for a grandma with all her grandkids' names. 

Black Bean & Mango Chicken Salad - And because what's a Simply Staci post without a recipe!  What a great, light lunch dish.

And while you're at it, why not "like" Simply Staci on facebook.

Alright stumblers, let's hear it!  What did you find stumble worthy this week?  Check out the guidelines and then link up below. 

4 comments:

Micha @ Cookin' Mimi said...

Excellent collection. I really enjoyed the post from your pastor's wife. I've never in all the years I've gone to church heard of a baptism being remembered as a spiritual birthday. What a great way to remember what it's all about.

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

I loooove that Mary Poppins birthday party idea! That is awesome!!

Zion said...

That photo craft looks so cool.

Sandy @ The Mommy's Place said...

I have fixed my links Staci not sure what happened :-( I enjoy Saturday Stumbles.

I love the Art Inspired birthday party, now I need to get a little girl to have it for lol. I have 3 boys. Hmmm maybe it could be for Mommy hehe

Related Posts with Thumbnails