Sunday, June 06, 2010

Camp Rocks



This pretty much sums up my week.

Last week, I served at Camp Rocks where our theme was True Story. We learned that the Bible is God's true story.

This was our 9th year of Camp Rocks and while it is the hardest, most tiring, draining and exhausting week of my summer it is also one of the most rewarding weeks of my summer. God always shows up and refills me to overflowing.


The true story is simple: He loves us. Period. The Bible is His story of a love that pursues us so passionately it's willing to go to the depths of Hell. And that's exactly what He did for me...and you.

Growing up in church all my life, it's easy to become numb to that. But this past week at camp I got a fresh reminder. The last night of camp is a time for campers to share what God has done for them that week. For a lot of them, it's practical things like helping them get to the top of the climbing wall or some other hard task that they were able to accomplish. For others, it's realizing that they have tasted a glimpse of God and want more of Him. Regardless of the testimony, it's amazing to see kids respond to God's goodness. It's a reminder to this 33 year old that I need to be more like them.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love the video - glad you had a great time and all went well. Good to have you back home. See you in a couple of days.

love, mom

Lauren said...

Sounds like a fabulous week!!!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails