Tuesday, December 08, 2009

The Pioneer Woman Book Signing

Last night Becky and I went to go see, Ree Drummond, AKA The Pioneer Woman! Her blog is full of goodies! I particularly like her recipes. Girlfriend loves herself some butter! But you definitely couldn't tell by looking at her. She's a cute and stylish little thang!

Back to the book signing...

She's quite the rockstar in the blogosphere. (She gets about 30,000 comments on her giveaway posts!) Her signing was advertised to start at 7:30. Becky and I knew that it would be packed so we got there at 6:00. To our surprise, they had changed the whole format and the thing started at 6:00?!

Come again???

We were no longer early and ended up being right on time. Come to find out, it actually worked out better. We were given wristbands to wear. There were different colors and letters. Orange was the first group and each color group was divided into letters A through I. We were green (the second color group) and letter B. Not too shabby...or so we thought.

We probably waited about 3 1/2 hours to finally get up to see her. But we had fun in the mean time.

Besides Ree, one thing I was excited about was the possibility of meeting Bakerella! If you've not checked her blog out, she is uber creative in all things baking. So much so that Martha Stewart took notice and had her on her show! I was excited because Bakerella had tweeted earlier that day she was having dinner with Ree so I thought there was a good chance that she'd be at the book signing.

She was!


And I went right up to her and told her how much I loved her and I followed her on Twitter and her blog. (I'm pretty sure I sounded like a babling idiot!)

She's so cute and stylish! I just want to hang out with her and make cake pops all day :)

To pass the time, I had brought my laptop. Yeah, that was fun to lug around. With thousands (yep, there had to be about a thousand people there) the internet was not quite lightning speed so that didn't last long. Bummer. So between tweeting, taking pics of ourselves and shopping there was some great people watching.



And, how crazy is this, we ran into a lady, Lynn, who we hung out with at our last book signing! Small world.

They finally called our color and letter and we got so excited! We got to get in the official line where you had to stand single file and it zig-zagged like a real line. Up until then we were just all jumbled all over the store waiting for the glorious sound of our color and letter. We also got a post-it note where we had to write our name so Ree could easily sign our books. All night, we tried to think of something clever and cute to say that would stand out other than the typical "I love your blog!".


As we got to the front of the line, we really became starstruck! There she is...right in front of us!

Our turn! She was so nice and very personable. I asked her if she was going to be at
Blissdom. She wasn't sure, sounded like she was still working things out. How great would that be?

After Ree, we got to also meet her sister, Betsy and friend, Hyacinth.

They were so cute and just full of personality. Hyacinth commented on my earrings and took a picture of them! Here's hoping I'll end up on the blog!

All in all, it was a really fun night!

5 comments:

mom said...

Well, how NEAT was that!!!!!! Sounds like you two really had a great time!!!!!

Nashville TV Show said...

And to think ... this time last year there would have been NO earrings to comment on:)

Jenn said...

Love your pics!!!!!

Lauren said...

How fun!!!!!!!! :) So jealous!!

Rebekah said...

Okay, first of all, how weird is that last comment? Hope it's not some creep!

And 2ndly! How much fun is it to finally get a shout out from the P-Dub herself! Glad I stopped by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails