Monday, July 06, 2009

Something God Showed Me

In church yesterday, I heard a verse that I've heard and read a hundred times before. But for some reason, it jumped out at me in a new way.

Psalm 37:4 (NIV)

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

It was almost as if God added another little phrase to it. Maybe just for my benefit. But this is the way it stuck out to me:

Delight yourself in the LORD [where you are right now] and he will give you the desires of your heart.

If I want the "desires of my heart", I have to take delight in where I am right now. It just hit me like a ton of bricks.

Oh God, please help me not to live for the future, but to delight in where You have me right now. Show me what You want me to learn. Use me how You want. It's not always easy to delight in my phase of life right now, but when that doubt and disappointment come, fill me with Your joy!

3 comments:

Nashville TV Show said...

I like it!! So true, but not sure I've ever thought of it that way either!!

Lauren said...

so so so so true!!!! :O)

Jessica said...

What a great post, Staci!! I too hope to find joy- today- and not always look to the future for contentment!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails