Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January's NEW

One of my new year's resolutions was to try or do something new every month. So for the month of January it was...

ZUMBA!~
I absolutely dislike, hate, despise, loathe working out. There are a million other things I'd rather do than work out: count my body hair, clean my baseboards with a toothbrush, solve algebra problems, watch M*A*S*H...you get the idea. But thanks to my pal Becky I decided to try it.

It's a cardio class that uses latin and hip hop dancing.

It is SO much fun! I can't believe I'm actually typing this! Granted, I looked like a fish on the beach flailing and flopping around, but it's a great work out. I've only been 3 times so far, but I'm already starting to pick up on the moves and don't feel so self conscience. What I like about it is that you don't get bored. You dance to one song, take a break then move on to the next one. If you haven't tried it, and you're not into working out, this is for you!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails