Sunday, May 11, 2008

Race for the Cure...year 2!

What a fun weekend! I walked in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. I did it last year with my friends and so it's kind of become an annual thing! This year, we decided to do the 1 mile fun run instead of the 5K. One reason is because the 5K was a killer! (For me anyways! There were some in the group that could've easily done it again) Second, we had 2 pregnant chicks! But lastly, and quite possibly the best reason, is for the Expo at the end of the race. There's this whole area where different businesses have tables set up and they give away FREE stuff!! Last year, by the time we got there, most of the freebies were gone. This year was great! We got ice cream, bagels, cups, bags, coupons, bandanas, keychains and more!

Aside from me and my friends walking in it, we also invite our mothers...being Mother's Day and all :) It's really a fun and special time.

I was kind of worried because when I was getting ready to put on my shoes, this is how my day started:

Ay yi yi!

But it turned out to be a wonderful day. Here's some pics of the race:













4 comments:

Kat said...

Fun, fun, fun!

Unknown said...

That's awesome! I'm hoping to do the 3 day in October with some of the ladies from the church.

The Hickmans said...

Cool!! What a great way to give back. :)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Good for you! That is wonderful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails