Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Lion King

I got to check off something of my "All-the-Things-I-Want-To-Do-In-My-Life" list. I went to see the Lion King!! Amber, Brandon and I bought tickets back in December (I think!).

It was amazing! Here's a little pre-show pics:



How excited are we to be here!




Of course, we couldn't take pictures during the show, so I just downloaded some:




It amazed me how e-v-e-r-y move was choreographed. I've been in my fair share of plays and performances, but I can't imagine the work that must go into it. I just literally sat there with my mouth open!

Aside from the spectacular show, the other highlight was the almost cat fight that broke out. In the row in front of us sat a grandma, grandpa and their grandson. He must have been 8 or so. After the intermission, a lady and her daughter (probably 15 or so) had moved to the row right in front of grandma. They had not previously been sitting there which made it obvious those were not their seats. Well, that wasn't gonna fly with grandma. She leaned over and told the lady "Those aren't your seats". The lady just ignored her and continue to sit there. By this point, mind you, the show had started again. So grandma went to get an usher! The usher (who may have been all of 18 years old) came over and told the lady she needed to move. The lady continued her stubborness and refused to move! This went on for probably 10 minutes while I'm stretching my neck every which way to try and see the show! I guess the daughter got fed up because she eventually got up and stormed back to their original seats (I guess). Then a few minutes later, the lady consented and stood up to go back to her seat, but not before she turned to the grandma and called her a very BewITCHing name!

But other than that...a fabulous night! And what topped the night off was knowing that Amber and I had taken the next day off work and got to sleep in :) For me, that was till about 8:00. Hey, that's 3 hours longer than I normally sleep!

7 comments:

B said...

So weird that your friend BRANDY has a daughter named Nora Kathryn!! Sort of creepy! I promise I didn't steal it from her, LOL!

The Hickmans said...

How fun!! I'm so excited for you. :)

Josie said...

That sounds like fun! Maybe I should get tickets to something other than concerts or sports...

ohAmanda said...

Wasn't it awesome?! We saw it in Bham. Mama and Daddy went a few weeks ago.

I just loved the puppetry in it...how the puppeteers were also performers. Cool.

Jenn said...

I really want to write "How Fun!", but I'm trying to be original here. I love Broadway shows anyway, but the Lion King really is one of the most incredible. Yay for getting to check that off of your list!!

Kat said...

Oh! I forgot to ask you about it! I'm glad you had fun. Your sleeping late still makes me laugh!

Robyn Beele said...

Hello! I just found your blog on Jessica's. We went to the Lion King at the beginning of April in Atlanta. It was amazing!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails