Friday, December 25, 2009

Vintage Christmas Cards

Do you have old Christmas cards stashed away in a box somewhere? Well, I do and for the longest time I've wanted to do something with them, but just couldn't figure out what! I searched all over cyberspace and no one else seemed to have any great ideas either.

Then, in a little impromptu stroll through Michael's it hit me! (Isn't that how all great ideas come about?)

Well, I don't know if this is a great idea or not, but I did think it was worth sharing. Unfortunately, it's a little too late for this year, but bookmark this for next year.

Start out with some cute, vintage Christmas cards:


Next, take a cheap, plastic stand. I found these in the frame section.


Then take a can of spray paint (spray paint made for plastics) and have at it:



Pardon the mess in the background! Pre-Christmas dinner ingredients.

Finally, add the finishing touch:





Another option, is to use a cheap frame and do the same idea. Here, I started with a frame, a piece of paper I cut out to fit in the frame to serve as a backdrop and another cute, vintage card:


How cute is this?!?!


Do you have any other cute ideas on how to showcase vintage Christmas cards?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well aren't you just the smartest one!!!! Great idea!!!!! I remember some of those cards. mom

Jessica said...

Staci- how fun!! I love anything vintage.

Related Posts with Thumbnails