Sunday, October 25, 2009

Birthday to Remember

My birthday was this week. Woo-hoo! It still hurts to say it, but I'm 33 years old. [The same age that Jesus was when he died, mind you]. My mom's church was hosting a "concert" the same day as my birthday. I use the word concert loosely. You'll understand why a little later. My mom was working at it and she thought I might like to go.

A concert on my birthday? Why not?!

The group performing was a trio of girls. My mom thought I might know them. Why? I don't know. She told me they were a young group of girls...maybe late 20's.

You tell me.

Well, let me just give a description of the night in pictures:

This little old lady was one of the first people we saw walking into the concert. You think she's there to here some 20 year olds?!?! Yikes!


We had to fill out information cards. Look at the age I had to check: "31-50" I'm in the same category as 50 year olds?!?! What?



They did serve dinner at the concert so that was nice. Cupcakes were the dessert and my sister brought candles. Awww...


I won a gift basket! Don't be jealous.


Beloved "rockin'" the house. Another term I use loosely.


After the concert, Mandi and I had to make a pit stop before our long ride home.

This is what we found inside:

Huh?? What kind of church is this?


Good times were had by all!

6 comments:

Becky said...

OMG, that is hysterical! Much funnier with pictures!

Lauren said...

I’m sorry, but I couldn’t help but laugh. Hope you had a GREAT birthday!!! :)

Nashville TV Show said...

I'm laughing all over again!!!

Mom said...

That is TOO FUNNY!!!!!! They do have a "Ladies" bathroom on the other side, but we always turn the "Mens" into a "Ladies" just for that night since there are so many ladies!!!! LOVE the pictures! Sorry for the 31-50 age category - that IS kind of weird!!! Maybe you got a "glimpse" of what it will be like to be 50ish!!!! Love you SO MUCH!!!!!

Jennifer said...

You are just darling, try turning 45, ARGHHH. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I do appreciate it!

Jennifer said...

You are just darling, try turning 45, ARGHHH. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I do appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails